Saturday, June 2, 2007

More DXing and other fun stuff

I haven't been on the radio as much as I would like because I am trying to sell my house, but I got on tonight and man was 20m open! I got Ireland right away and I can never seem to get Ireland. The Czech Republic had a special station going to celebrate 100 years of scouting, that was fun!
And there was the Alabama QSO party this weekend, so lots of folks out there to talk to.
And wouldn't you know some hobbies seemingly unrelated to lead to interesting contacts.
I met Margaret Biggs through my knitting blog or rather her knitting blog. She lives in Virginia also and we were talking about our love of knitting. She had some pictures of her hubby climbing a tower, so I asked her if it by chance was a HAM tower and it was! Margaret herself is not a HAM, but her husband and all of his brothers are and they are big into contesting. You should see this tower he is putting up! It is really impressive. I will post the link below to her pictures.
Maybe some of you know them, K1ZM, K3ZM, and K2DM.
Here is the link:lotsofyarn.blogspot.com

Hope everyone is enjoying the bands!
73's

No comments: