Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Fun

We are in mid summer, we are lacking in rain and everything here is unusually dry. But there is still some fun to be had, Only about a month and a half and the contests begin. The Washington Salmon Run is in September, looking forward to my first serious contest.

I joined the fine folks of the Williamsburg Area Amatuer Radio Club at their monthly breakfast yesterday and had just a wondeful time! Met Hershel's wife Allison and their adorable little girl, Emmma! Hershel is working hard to get me invited to join the Potomac River Valley contesting club, how cool is that?! We also met Dave and his son Isaac. They are super nice folks and made us feel really welcome.

I've been a little slow in getting this posted but I wanted to put up my QSL card.

Hope everyone is having a fun summer and getting some HAM time in.

Happy Hamming!
73s

No comments: